Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bohemian Motherhood Individualized

This is me holding Pockets the rooster when 
I was pregnant with my younger daughter.

I've decided to dedicate this blog to my own odd, Bohemian motherhood style. There are plenty of resources for soccer moms, crafters, new parents, and the like. These are all well and good, but not quite me, and I don't think I'm alone. My older daughter plays softball, and my husband's stuck with a minivan as our household's secondary vehicle, but I don't have the mentality or the upward mobility. I like to make things, but my funds are sporadic.  I don't have the newest and greatest gadgets for cutting things I could easily use scissors for. This is my second time around as a parent, so I'm not completely clueless, although there is much to learn. That said, I will focus on a number of things, but with a laid-back, personal viewpoint.

On the other hand, I am not the biggest Bohemian you'll ever meet. My daughters are free to have Barbie dolls and watch the Disney Channel on cable TV. We have animals of varying sorts, but the chickens and rabbits stay with my parents. Enjoy this blog or dismiss it as the ramblings of a slacker parent who doesn't have it quite right all the time.  Either way, I'd love to hear what you have to say about my Bohemian Motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment